Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: Communication Studies, English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and the Mindfulness program.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Puente Program, Honors Program, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
- Student Journalists Beat Elite Universities in National Journalism Awards
Student journalists from Inside Fullerton and The Hornet, publications of Fullerton College’s journalism program, have earned top honors, beating […]
- Fullerton College Speech and Debate Team Starts Strong in Season Openers
The Fullerton College Speech and Debate Team participated in a full slate of season opener tournaments taking place in October and buzzed into action […]
- Dr. Kim Orlijan Selected as Dean of Humanities
Fullerton College welcomes Dr. Kim Orlijan as the permanent new dean of Humanities. After serving 16 years at Fullerton College as an English […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.