Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and Speech/Communication Studies.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Transfer Achievement Program (TAP), Puente Program, Honors Program, Basic Skills Initiative, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
Our commitment to student learning is reflected in our quality faculty and staff as well as our Humanities Division Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Speech & Debate Team Debuts New Season with a Victory
The Fullerton College Speech and Debate team kicked off the start of competition season with a victory during opening tournaments, Oct. 18-20. […]
Fullerton College Hosts Second Annual Speech and Debate Hornet Invitational
Fullerton College Speech and Debate proudly hosted a tournament serving several California colleges and universities with more than 80 students […]
Speech and Debate Team Wins West Coast, National Championships
The Hornet Speech and Debate Team finished their nationals season strong by bringing home the Community College National Championship at the National […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.