Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and Speech/Communication Studies.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Transfer Achievement Program (TAP), Puente Program, Honors Program, Basic Skills Initiative, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
Our commitment to student learning is reflected in our quality faculty and staff as well as our Humanities Division Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Hornet Speech and Debate Victorious at PSCFA Fall Championships
Fullerton College sent eight competitors to participate in the Pacific Southwest Collegiate Forensics Association (PSCFA) Fall Championship on Dec. […]
Hornet Speech & Debate Sweeps 3rd Speaking Championship in a Row
The Fullerton College Speech and Debate Team participated at the Robert Barbara Invitational hosted by CSU Northridge Nov. 2 – 4. The team sent […]
Speech and Debate Team Attends Las Vegas Classic
The Fullerton College Speech and Debate Team participated in the Las Vegas Classic hosted by the University of Las Vegas on Oct. 20-22. A total of […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.