Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and Speech/Communication Studies.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Transfer Achievement Program (TAP), Puente Program, Honors Program, Basic Skills Initiative, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
Our commitment to student learning is reflected in our quality faculty and staff as well as our Humanities Division Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Speech and Debate Takes Top Awards at PSCFA Warm Up
Fullerton College sent six competitors and took top awards at the Pacific Southwest Collegiate Forensics Association (PSCFA) on Sunday, September 23 […]
Fullerton College Hosts Civil Discourse Event
The Fullerton College Speech and Debate Team in partnership with the North Orange County League of Women Voters hosted the first ever Civil Discourse […]
Fullerton College Takes Top Awards at End of the Year CSUF Blumer Invitational
Fullerton College competitors took top awards at the 26th Cal State Fullerton Blumer Speech and Debate Tournament on Saturday, May 5. In the novice […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.