Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and Speech/Communication Studies.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Transfer Achievement Program (TAP), Puente Program, Honors Program, Basic Skills Initiative, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
Our commitment to student learning is reflected in our quality faculty and staff as well as our Humanities Division Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Speech and Debate Team Wins West Coast, National Championships
The Hornet Speech and Debate Team finished their nationals season strong by bringing home the Community College National Championship at the National […]
2019 French Film Festival Celebrates 10 Year Anniversary
Fullerton College’s French Film Festival is back for a stimulating and engaging 10 year anniversary from April 2 to 5, at 7:30 p.m. each […]
Fullerton Speech and Debate Victorious at Spring and Pacific Championship Tournaments
Fullerton College Speech & Debate was outstanding at their first competitions of the spring semester as 20 students competed at the Pacific […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.