Welcome to the Humanities Division at Fullerton College
Our language-centered division consists of five academic departments: English, English as a Second Language, Foreign Languages, Reading, and Speech/Communication Studies.
The Fullerton College Humanities Division works closely with the Transfer Achievement Program (TAP), Puente Program, Honors Program, Basic Skills Initiative, Study Abroad Program, and the Academic Support Center.
Our commitment to student learning is reflected in our quality faculty and staff as well as our Humanities Division Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
Fullerton College Takes Top Awards at Novice Individual Events National Tournament
Last weekend, students Britton Lee, Akayla Cadena, and Maceo Coleman traveled to the Novice National Championship Tournament in Boston hosted by […]
Fullerton College Wins West Coast National Championship
Capping off a successful season of speech and debate, the policy debate team of Danielle Hyslop and Josh Kazarian brought the West Coast National […]
Hornet Speech and Debate Team delivers a Championship Victory at the Spring and Pacific Championship Tournaments
Fullerton College Speech & Debate was outstanding at their second competition of the spring semester as 16 students competed at […]
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use language skills effectively in reading, writing, listening, or speaking to achieve personal, academic, or vocational goals.
- Use critical thinking skills to examine information, events, and ideas from a broader perspective.
- Recognize the significance of language and culture in human experience.
- Apply principles of academic honesty and integrity.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- Use campus and/or community resources to participate actively in their own education.